Katalina Needs Guest ReviewersApril 2, 2012 - Author: nadine - No Comments
Hello Awesome Reader Friends!
I hope that you are all well and flourishing!
I must admit that I have been a bit absent of late. Spirit, soul and body. But I am back! Apparently Bridezilla took over my body for a while and I’ve been a bit neglectful of the book world as a result. I’m all better now though, I promise.
I do, however, find myself in a bit of a bind. I have a pile of ebooks waiting for me to review them and I honestly fear that I will not get to them all in any sort of timely fashion. So, I figured it’s about time I start recruiting a few helpers – something I have been wanting to do for AGES!
Basically I am just looking for a few book lovers to contribute a couple of reviews to my site now and then. I’m pretty sure people are sick of hearing from just me anyway.
I’m thinking it would work like this:
1. You won’t get paid. Sorry. I’m a writer. I don’t get paid for anything either!
2. I have a bunch of review copies of books that I will share with you. You can choose which ones you want. Duplicate reviews are just fine – always nice to have more than one opinion.
3. I will give you contributor status on my blog. You can then do a profile for yourself and add linkbacks (or whatever they are called) to your own blogs. Sharing is caring. Also – I really have no problem if you share the exact same review on your own blog.
4. I have no particular reviewing format. Though I do prefer it if you avoid being too bitchy. Try: this is not for me because… Instead of: what a load a crap… (though I am not one for censorship so if the book is terrible and you need to get it off your chest then go ahead because I’m not going to change your article…)
5. If I like the way you review I might send you more books in the future. Unless you don’t want me to.
6. I have no fancy sign-up sheet or anything – just send me an email if you’re interested.
Yours in ink,